Deb is a health care professional and local businesswoman who has been part of our community for 32 years. A longtime resident, Deb treasures the trees, the unique communities and the thriving businesses in our area. As a physical therapist and sole owner of Des Peres Physical Therapy (on Manchester near Geyer), Deb has built her professional reputation on results. She is recognized as a leader in her field and receives referrals from all around the region.
Born and raised in New England, Deb left home to put herself through college at Marquette University in Milwaukee where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. Soon after graduation, Deb moved to St. Louis and has resided here for over 30 years.
Deb first sparked her interest in politics as a teenager when she participated in Girls State, a program sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary. There she learned the importance and value of Democratic government. She put her enthusiasm to work in the following years by becoming involved in many local and state issues. Deb has worked the halls of the state capitol in Jefferson City to support issues important to her and the people in this district. In 2006, she served as an intern for State Representative Barbara Fraser.
In 2003, Deb had the great opportunity of having her eight-year-old nephew move in with her. Griffin is now 18, a senior at Kirkwood High School, and is living with his Dad in Kirkwood.
Deb is an active leader and enthusiastic volunteer in community service and community improvement endeavors.
- Member, Kirkwood Rotary Club
- Member, Steering Committee for Hands on Kirkwood
- Organizer, Meacham Park Community Garden now in its fourth year. Building community around a garden!
- Board of Directors, Mary Culver Home for the Visually Impaired (located in Kirkwood)
- Recruited and coordinated volunteer activities at the Mary Culver Home for the Visually Impaired
- Commissioner, St. Louis County Housing Resources Commission. This commission distributes funds for homeless and housing needs in St. Louis County.
- Member, Kirkwood Area Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer, 50 Trees for 50 Years (Kirkwood – 2011-2013)
- Member, Kirkwood Historical Society
- Member, Friends of Kirkwood Public Library
- Member, Kirkwood Living Green
- Member, Women’s Voices Raised for Social Justice
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association
- Member, Missouri Physical Therapy Association